Reporting requirement by NYSDOH:
The total number of in-house COVID 19 positive residents as of 06/01/20: 10
The total number of in-house presumed COVID 19 positive deaths as of 06/01/20: 6
The total number of in-house positive COVID 19 deaths as of 06/01/20: 3
Affinity Skilled Living and Rehabilitation Center continues to take every precaution to keep our residents and staff safe during this COVID-19 pandemic.
- All visitors are completely restricted from the facility (by order of the Governor), except for those residents who are end of life. Please make arrangements through the Social Work or Nursing department to set up visitation.
- All nursing home personnel wear face masks at all times while in the building. All nursing home personnel are “screened” at the time of entry and re-entry to the facility. The temperature of every nursing home personnel is taken and a questionnaire is filled out using an electronic Kiosk in the lobby at the reception desk.
- All nursing home personnel must be tested for COVID 19 twice weekly beginning the week of May 18, 2020. All nursing home personnel who work 3 days or less are required to be tested once weekly. Staff who have tested positive for COVID 19 or have tested positive for antibodies are exempt from this requirement.
- All residents wear face masks, as tolerated, while care is rendered.
- Residents requiring the business office for personal spending accounts are to call reception for assistance.
- The Recreation Department makes arrangements for SKYPE and/or FaceTime visits by resident and/or family requests. The Recreation Department also can schedule a Window Visit upon request. Please speak with the Recreation department to schedule a visit.
We continue to take all precautionary measures to protect all of our residents and staff to include the following:
- All new admissions are admitted onto the first floor and are placed on isolation precautions for a minimum of 7 days.
- Effective May 10, 2020 hospitals may no longer discharge positive COVID 19 patients to Skilled Nursing Facilities.
- COVID-19 positive residents reside on the first floor on a designated unit. This unit has staff that is dedicated to care for COVID positive residents only.
- All COVID-19 positive residents as well as any suspected COVID-19 cases (ie. Fever, dry cough, shortness of breath) are immediately placed on full isolation droplet precautions.
- When a resident is suspected for COVID 19 (PUI-Persons Under Suspicion) the resident is moved to a PUI unit which is located on the first floor and is immediately placed on full isolation droplet precautions.
- Isolation precautions include staff wearing full PPE (gown, face shield, face mask, and gloves).
Affinity Skilled Living and Rehabilitation Center has a Facebook page and Instagram page that we keep updated with important information as well as activities that are happening at the facility. We HIGHLY ENCOURAGE you to “like” us on Facebook and/or “follow” us on Instagram to keep up to date.
Should you have questions please do not hesitate to contact Stephanie Malone, Administrator or Kimberly Easley, Director of Nursing Services at 631-218-5900.